WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DOES THE HOTEL COLLECT AND PROCESSHotel Nikko San Francisco has provided our guest and clientele with the Site that delivers our Hotel information, resources and other services that we believe is most relevant to you. In achieving this goal, part of the operation of our Site includes the gathering of certain types of information about Site users.
How We Use the Personal Information We CollectWe are committed to ensuring that the personal information we obtain from you is used only for the purposes explained to you in this Policy. In general, the legal bases for the Hotel's processing activities include processing personal information as necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations (such as providing accommodations), compliance with our legal obligations, protect the safety of our employees and guests, as well as for our legitimate business interests, and with your consent, where applicable.
Requests for Information/Email ListsYou may wish to submit an information request about our Hotel, participate in one of our promotions or subscribe to our e-mail or postal mail lists. For example, you can subscribe at our Site to receive email promotions, in which case we will ask you to provide your name, e-mail address, zip, country, your interests and other information you may wish to provide. We use this information to provide your promotions tailored to your interests. In the event you opt to provide us with this information, we will only use it for the purposes to which you consented.
Reservation or On-property Procedure
- When you make a reservation and you stay at our Hotel, we process your name, address, contact information, along with the details of your stay (arrival and departure day and time, vehicle information and information regarding others traveling or staying with you), on the basis of our contractual relationship with you. We also process such data for our business interests, including for marketing, service improvements, analytics and to provide personalize service to our guests.
- If you decide to make an online reservation at the Site, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a third party booking engine ("Booking Engine") provided by SynXis. While it may appear to be part of the Hotel's Site.
- The Hotel collects certain additional personal information during registration/check-in (such as national ID or passport information) for verification of your identity.
- For the protection of our staff, guests and visitors the Hotel uses closed circuit camera television and other security measures that may capture or record images of guests and visitors in public areas of the Hotel, such as Driveway, Lobby, Restaurants, Guestroom Hallways, Health club, Pool and Outdoor Patios.
- The hotel reserves the right to conduct a welfare check on any room indicating a Do Not Disturb status for more than 24 hours.
Group Event Information
- We use your personal information to send you marketing messages on the basis of your consent, such as when you sign up for our email promotions. You may withdraw your consent for direct marketing communications at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or by selecting "unsubscribe" in the e-mail marketing message.
- We ask our users and guests to complete surveys from time to time. Completion of the Hotel's surveys is voluntary. The Hotel processes the information obtained from surveys for business interests, including analytics, marketing, and service improvement to help the Hotel serve you better.
- Participation in our promotional offerings is voluntary. The Hotel processes information collected from such participation based on your consent and as necessary to administer the offering. We also use certain data for our business purposes, including for marketing.
- Participation in the Hotel's social media activities and offerings is voluntary. The Hotel processes information collected from social media participation on the basis of your consent and in furtherance of our related business interests, including for marketing and analytics.
Market Segmentation of our Guest
- The Hotel uses personal information to divide large groups of consumers into sub-groups of consumers (known as segments) based on common characteristics such as geography, behavior, or demographics. For example, if you travel frequently to the Hotel and book a breakfast package, we may send you a special offer for the breakfast package.
With Whom We Share Personal InformationWe may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries solely for the purpose of providing the Site and our services to you; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be maintained by such affiliates and subsidiaries in accordance with this Policy. Personal information is also shared with the Booking Engine when you make a reservation online.
- Hotel Partners. We may disclose your personal information with Hotel partners if you have opted in for email promotions, solely for the purpose of making package offers with local Hotel partners. Otherwise we do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf ("Service Providers"). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information or access to information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use commercially reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized acquisition, access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using personal information other than as authorized by Hotel.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users, such as Usage Data, with third parties and publicly for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. However, in such cases, your Usage Data does not identify you individually.
Access, Correction, and Deletion of Personal InformationIf you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal information that you have previously provided to us, you can contact us at [email protected] In your request, please indicate specifically the personal information you would like to have changed or suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information. For your protection, we only fulfill requests for personal information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
European Union Data SubjectsHotel intends to comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation with respect to data subject in the European Union. If you are a resident of the European Union, you have the right to:
- Find out if we use your personal information, to access your personal information, and receive copies of your personal information.
- Withdraw any express consent that you have provided to the processing of your personal information at any time without penalty.
- Access your personal information and have it corrected or amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Obtain a transferable copy of some of your personal information which can be transferred to another provider when the personal information was processed based on your consent.
- If you believe your personal information is inaccurate, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your personal data, you also have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
- Request your personal information be deleted or restricted under certain circumstances.