Celebrate the last days of summer in the beautiful city of San Francisco. From SF Giants games at Oracle Park to outdoor theater in Golden Gate Park to whale watching adventures, San Francisco is the perfect destination for a summer getaway or long Labor Day Weekend. Here are a few sightseeing tips from the Hotel Nikko concierge to get you on your way.
Our Favorite Summer Activities in SF
- Sailing tours on San Francisco Bay, past Alcatraz Island, Golden Gate Bridge, and Sausalito
- Free walking tours from the SF Public Library on Saturdays and Sundays
- Walk the Golden Gate Bridge to the Marin Headlands and Fort Baker
- Take the kids to the San Francisco Zoo, Aquarium of the Bay, and Pier 39
- Whale watching in the Pacific Ocean near the Farallon Islands
- Free Sundays at the Asian Art Museum
- Tour the Exploratorium, now open this Labor Day Monday
Labor Day Weekend Events
Say goodbye to summer with a fun Labor Day Weekend in San Francisco. You'll find events, activities, sports, theater, and concerts all around San Francisco and the Bay Area.
- Celine Dion at the Chase Center – 9/3
- Catch the Broadway show Hamilton at the Orpheum Theater
- Free Shakespeare in Golden Gate Park, Pericles, Prince of Tyre
- San Francisco Giants play the Dodgers for a three-game series at Oracle Park
Hotel Nikko Summer Special
Soak up the San Francisco vibe before school starts and the office calls with the Hotel Nikko Summer Getaway Package. Experience an urban oasis with a glass enclosed pool, a health club, and rooftop deck. The Summer Getaway Package Features:
- Deluxe Guest Room
- Valet parking for one car
- Breakfast every morning
- S'mores on the rooftop deck
A Hotel Refuge in Union Square
Hotel Nikko San Francisco offers authentic, Asian inspired hospitality near Union Square. Steps from the Theater District, the hotel features luxurious, pet friendly rooms and suites, modern Japanese fare at Restaurant ANZU, a Pet Terrace, concierge, and the lifestyle amenities you crave. Pop up to Feinstein's at the Nikko, our cabaret nightclub with live music and performances throughout the summer.