From festive light displays to unparalleled live performances, there are so many ways to warm your spirit during wintertime in San Francisco. Here's our guide to experiencing the best of the Bay Area in December 2022. Don't forget to pack a coat!
Holiday Events in San Francisco 2022
Although December does bring lower temperatures to San Francisco, the influx of holiday cheer keeps the city warm, cozy, and alive all winter long! With an array of fabulous, festive events, there's no better place to celebrate the holidays than the Golden Gate City.
- Disney's Frozen at SF Broadway Theater: 11/18–12/30
- A Christmas Carol at the American Conservatory Theatre: 11/30–12/24
- Great Dickens Christmas Fair: Every Saturday & Sunday, 11/19–12/18
- Civic Center Tree Lighting Ceremony: 12/7, 4 pm–7 pm
- Holiday Crafts Say at the Randall Museum: 12/10, 10 am–2 pm
Things to Do in San Francisco in December 2022
San Francisco offers a variety of attractions to explore and activities to experience throughout the month of December. Whether you seek action and adventure or art and culture, SF has enough fun for everyone to enjoy this holiday season.
- Enjoy the thrill of ice skating at the Safeway Holiday Ice Rink, which transforms Union Square into a winter wonderland until January 16th, 2023.
- Learn about the science of the season and experience an indoor snow flurry at the California Academy of Sciences' ‘Tis the Season for Science exhibit, taking place now through January 8th, 2023.
- Take advantage of free museum days at a variety of world-class San Francisco museums, including the Conservatory of Flowers, de Young Fine Arts, the Asian Art Museum, and more.
- See the city shine a little brighter at the "Illuminate SF" Light Art Festival, in which over 40 luminous outdoor installations light up San Francisco from November through January 2023.
A Holiday Getaway at Hotel Nikko
No matter what time of year you choose to visit San Francisco, you're sure to have an unforgettable experience when you choose Hotel Nikko as your Bay Area home base. Our SF hotel offers luxury guest rooms and suites
with stylish design, plenty of event space for your holiday party, and our very own ANZU Restaurant, featuring a modern, California-inspired take on Japanese cuisine. Plus, don't forget to check out KANPAI Lounge, perfect for grabbing a seasonal cocktail before enjoying a holiday performance at Feinstein's at the Nikko.
Whether you're here to shop the holiday sales, enjoy the culinary scene, or simply soak up the holiday spirit, San Francisco is the ideal destination for a wintertime vacation. Plan your December stay with ease when you choose one of Hotel Nikko's latest San Francisco hotel specials
. We hope to welcome you soon!