The Thanksgiving weekend in late November is one of the best times to visit San Francisco and the Bay Area. With mild Northern California weather and festive events throughout the month, SF is a magical destination for a holiday break, a family getaway, or a weekend adventure. From stores twinkling with lights to ice skating to dazzling parades, the City by the Bay is buzzing with holiday spirit.
Here are a few ideas from the concierge at Hotel Nikko to inspire your Thanksgiving 2022 celebration.
Thanksgiving Events in San Francisco
San Francisco comes alive this holiday season with fabulous activities throughout the Thanksgiving weekend. From colorful parades to symphony concerts to shopping in Union Square, celebrate Thanksgiving in San Francisco at these wonderful events.
- PIER 39 Tree Lighting Happier Holidays Celebration – November 23
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade – November 24
- Union Square Tree Lighting Ceremony – November 25
- The Godfather Live at Davies Symphony Hall – November 25-26
- Michael Feinstein in Concert at Feinstein's at The Nikko – November 25-27
Things To Do in San Francisco Thanksgiving 2022
San Francisco is an exciting destination with incredible attractions to discover over the Thanksgiving holiday. Whether a culture seeker, a museum hopper, or a food lover, you'll find endless things to do and see this holiday season. You can burn off the turkey and stuffing with a walk across the Golden Gate Bridge or Black Friday shopping in Union Square.
- Enjoy skating at the Union Square Ice Rink throughout the holidays.
- Go shopping at Union Square and the Westfield Shopping Center.
- Celebrate with a Thanksgiving dinner cruise on the San Francisco Belle, a luxury yacht with a festive buffet and music.
- Explore the waterfront shops and restaurants at Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39
- Visit the de Young Museum and the California Academy of Science in Golden Gate Park
- Take a sightseeing cruise on San Francisco Bay
- Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge and take in jaw-dropping views of San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz, the Pacific Ocean, and the SF waterfront
Thanksgiving Dinner in San Francisco
Experience the creative culinary scene of San Francisco this Thanksgiving 2022. Many San Francisco restaurants offer special Thanksgiving dinner menus with their take on favorites like sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie.
Experience the authentic flavors of San Francisco in food-forward neighborhoods like Chinatown and North Beach (Little Italy), with restaurants open throughout the Thanksgiving holiday. Celebrate on a Thanksgiving dinner cruise on San Francisco Bay with a buffet-style feast and breathtaking views of Alcatraz Island and the Golden Gate Bridge.
The Perfect Thanksgiving Getaway At Hotel Nikko
Hotel Nikko San Francisco offers a rich holiday experience with Japanese-inspired hospitality in the heart of Union Square. Our sophisticated boutique hotel puts you within steps of the city's best shopping, dining, theater, and holiday events, including the Thanksgiving Day Parade and the magical tree lighting in Union Square.
Hotel Nikko offers luxury rooms and suites with artful design, event space for holiday parties, and ANZU Restaurant, serving modern California-Japanese cuisine. Swing by the KANPAI Lounge for a festive cocktail before a night of live music and entertainment at Feinstein's at The Nikko.
From holiday parades to culinary experiences to shopping sales, San Francisco is the perfect place for a Thanksgiving adventure. Make planning your holiday getaways easy with the latest specials from Hotel Nikko - our way of giving thanks.