Bay Area Wine Festivals in San Francisco to SavorIf it seems like there's a wine festival in San Francisco almost every weekend, that's because there is! With California wine country in our backyard, there's always a reason to pop a cork and celebrate. Where you like Cab Savs or Chardonnay, Pinots or bubbles – you'll find a fun festival to try the finest wines around.
- Taste Mendocino – Sip wines from dozens of Mendocino producers at Fort Mason Center (late April).
- Uncorked Wine Festival – Ghirardelli Square hosts this lively event, which also features chef demonstrations, foodie seminars, and live bands (May).
- Pier 39 Spring Wine Pour – Grab your souvenir wine glass and enjoy tastings as you stroll along the waterfront at Pier 39 (May).
- Polk Street Summer Wine Walk – Polk Street businesses open their doors and pour the wine at this easygoing wine walk (July).
- Eat Drink SF – Discover an interactive food, wine, and spirits festival at Fort Mason with local chefs, wine tastings, pairing dinners, and classes (August).
- Union Street Harvest Wine Walk – Sample regional wines and tasty hors d'oeuvres with a wristband at this pleasant autumn event along Union Street and Fillmore Street (October).
- ZAP Zinfandel Festival – Love Zinfandel wine? This Pier 27 event is for you, a total smorgasbord of Zinfandel, food, and fun (January).
- SF Chronical Wine Competition – One of the most prestigious wine festivals on the West Coast, this competition crowns the best of the best out of 5,000 submissions – and you can taste them all at Fort Mason (February).
Chic Urban Wineries & Charming Tasting RoomsNo time for a trip to Napa and Sonoma? Let wine country come to you at these inviting San Francisco wineries and tasting rooms. From Fisherman's Wharf to SoMa and Treasure Island, the city boasts an intriguing collection of urban wineries that offer flights of wine in cool settings.
- Winery Collective – Head to Fisherman's Wharf to find this tasting room, which pours the products of more than a dozen wineries. Choose your flight and relax in the rustic, cozy tasting room with wine barrels for tables and a red brick façade.
- TANK 18 – This sustainable urban winery will refill your old wine bottles with fresh products made from Napa and Sonoma grapes. Hip and high-tech, this casual tasting room features flights, small bites, and a cool industrial feel.
- Bluxome Street Winery – Sip Russian River Valley wines including exceptional Pinot Noirs at this old-fashioned tasting room and working urban winery. Order a flight to sample in the industrial-chic setting.
- Dogpatch Wine Works – Dream of owning your own vineyard someday? Dogpatch is designed for aspiring winemakers and features custom crushing, blending classes, and private tasting experiences. You can also just chill in the comfy lounge and taste wines made by their clients.
- Jax Vineyards & Tasting Room – Located in San Francisco's South Beach neighborhood, the tasting room of this family-owned, award-winning boutique winery features an outdoor fire pit and private tastings.
- The Winery SF – Situated on Treasure Island, this winery offers tours and grape stomping. You can try wines fresh out of the barrels and taste flights made with Napa and Sonoma grapes. Stacked high with wine barrels, it's an elegant tasting room that feels like a valley winery.
Unwind at a Wine Bar with Your New Favorite PourFancy lounges. Funky hideouts. Hipster havens and wine nerd hangouts. No matter what time of wine bar you like, you'll find one to suit your interests, style, and budget in San Francisco. Check out some of our favorites the next time you're in town.
- Hidden Vine – Tucked down an alleyway in the Financial District, this secret-gem wine bar feels lush with leather couches and velvet chairs.
- District Wine – Enjoy small plates and spectacular sips in this warehouse wine bar, which is located near Oracle Park in SoMa.
- 20 Spot – Head to this former record store to chill out with a glass of wine in a colorful space with a vintage, mid-century vibe.
- Terroir Natural Wine Merchant – The wine menu changes every night at this SoMa mainstay, with features numerous organic and natural wines.
- Press Club – Swanky and sleek, this Union Square hotspot offers a fantastic happy hour with $3 off its ritzy wines.